About Me

My photo
I am a 22 year old girl who is trying to discover herself within the world of arts and fashion, at the moment i am studying graphic design and photography and it finally feels like home. I am a very visual person so i am easily touched by beautiful images and views i see everyday around me. Because i am emotional i experience incredible amount of happiness when i see something nice. I have not decided what am i going to be after i finish university but i know that i am on the right path and moving towards something very exciting. My aim in life is to show people what i can see and on the way im doing everything to achieve different techniques and ways of how to do so and what to show.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Metro: Euthanasia Rollercoaster

Yesterday I came across something very interesting in the Metro newspaper. Not only the idea is great but it is also created by a guy called Julijonas Urbonas who is Lithuanian like myself! I am kind of proud that a person with my nationality appeared in the English newspaper, but the most important thing is how. Julijonas has created a theoretical roller coaster that theoretically has an effect of euthanasia on people. The creation is told to cause tunnel vision (the one people see right before they die) and because of it's high speed 100m/s the passenger would suffocate and have a very beautiful but also full of adrenaline death.


I am not sure if i should be against these kind of things, as Euthanasia was legal before as i learnt in school (during religion lectures), it was a way of relieving horribly sick people or people in pain who are slowly dying and letting them die by killing them in the easiest and least painful death. Ofcourse patients had to agree to go with the method and if they couldn't then the relatives would sign the agreement.
Coming back to the piece by Julijonas it is only an engineered piece, people would not ride it, it is just for the sake of art, and i do like it, it is a good idea and it thrills

No comments:

Post a Comment