About Me

My photo
I am a 22 year old girl who is trying to discover herself within the world of arts and fashion, at the moment i am studying graphic design and photography and it finally feels like home. I am a very visual person so i am easily touched by beautiful images and views i see everyday around me. Because i am emotional i experience incredible amount of happiness when i see something nice. I have not decided what am i going to be after i finish university but i know that i am on the right path and moving towards something very exciting. My aim in life is to show people what i can see and on the way im doing everything to achieve different techniques and ways of how to do so and what to show.

Sunday 22 May 2011

MY little WORLD

This piece of video i have made was for Graphic Design, it was my first attempt to stop motion video making and the theme was mirrors which was about your personal space, an object or a place. Without too much thinking an idea popped in my head that i have an interesting drawer box in my room. I keep a lot of drawing medium there such as pencils pens scissors glitter and whatever else i like to use to express myself. In relation to me my box drawer is quite similar to my character, sometimes i like to use pens and another time - pencils, just like my mood swings, it also has a meaning that every day is a different drawer. All the shots in the video were subconcious and all of them say something about me, my emotions, moods, my own little world.


The reactions to my video where very different, some where negative some where positive and some where completely away from what i wanted to show. Still most comments i got were positive but even after that i would like to change a few things and make my video longer and include more similar things such as the opening and closing drawer. I understood that whatever piece of work it is, all people wouldn't understand and have the same idea or a thought about it, they would each personaly relate to it and have their own nostalgic thoughts or memories reoccuring to them, only experienced thinkers would compare it to the basic knowledge and understanding and give the analysis a generalisation of mass opinions.

'it is not impossible to perceive the photographic signifier (certain professionals do so), but it requires a
secondary action of knowledge or of reflection.' -Roland Barthes
EXTRACTS FROM CAMERA LUCIDA
From The Photography Reader,
Edited By Liz Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment